A Look in the Mirror, at Least for this Morning
1. Trump isn’t changing America, he’s showing us who we have always been. Rejecting that with “but not me” is also true. Now, look around you. Really look. See?
2. Justice is a shakedown, as we used to say in the neighborhood. That means that the man, the money, and the power will do anything to win and usually does. Know that, get used to it even if you want it to change.
3. When I’m no longer angry, I’ll even stop riding my bike. Never. Break my bones. So what. Death will have to stop me. It will. Not today, with any luck.
4. Continue to do the things you love and care about, no matter what other people think or say or do. I plan on playing a lot more piano and writing some books. I’ve never been particularly good at either. Don’t stop.
5. Never underestimate the con you tell yourself either. You’ll find out who cares by who shows up when it matters. Be prepared to understand that not everyone who really cares _can_ show up. We never really know another’s pain. The Buddha was dead-on right about that one.
6. There’s no nirvana.